Fast, Effective Feedback from Expert Graders
Engage students and empower teachers
with supplemental, online grading support
Get on Track with Marco Learning this School Year
At Marco Learning, we know that the best way to combat ELA learning loss is with frequent writing practice, personalized feedback, and detailed writing data. That may sound simple, but it’s not always easy to accomplish. Since the pandemic, students have been writing less, and they have been getting less feedback on their writing.
As you’re planning for the upcoming school year, it’s critical that you have a writing plan that can support ALL of your students’ writing recovery—and that’s where Marco Learning comes in. We provide detailed feedback on student writing and professional development for teachers that can help you rebuild your writing program next year.
Marco Learning’s writing loss and recovery products may qualify for federal funds under the ESSA: Title 1, Part A, ARP Act under the Emergency Funding initiatives, and more. If you want to learn more, please request a quote and we will be in touch.
Hand-crafted, personalized feedback for every student
More opportunities for writing and revision plus fast, actionable feedback to engage and motivate students.
Access to 1,000+ highly qualified, online readers
Teachers have more time and energy for high-impact instructional work, planning, and 1:1 student support.
Objective performance data for teachers and admin
Implement a rigorous writing plan and foster in-depth data analysis, data-driven instruction, and collaboration.
Download Our Guide
Programs for AP® Teachers
Classroom Writing Support
We believe students should write every day. The most effective way to increase the amount and quality of writing, revision, and high-quality feedback for students in English and humanities courses is to supplement your teachers with Marco Learning’s Classroom Writing Support.
Create your assignment in seconds via your online teacher account.
Share student work via Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or scanned PDF. We support both typed and handwritten work.
Get data reports! Turnaround time is fast. In just a few days, you’ll receive detailed scoring and feedback reports.
- Supplemental support to meaningfully increase student writing and revision and ensure teachers are supported, aligned, and data-driven
- Fast, actionable, and personalized feedback accelerates learning, engages students, and improves writing skills
- Upshift teacher time to instruction, planning, and 1:1 student support
- Real-time, robust writing data for teachers and admins to support PLCs, instructional coaching, PD, data-days, test prep, and strategic planning
- Increase equity and access—this programs works with or without devices, in the classroom or remotely
The average Marco Learning teacher saves 80 HOURS a year to reinvest into high-impact instructional work, student support, and professional development.
Better data fuels better student outcomes. Now more than ever, schools need fast, reliable writing data to know where students are and how to get them where they need to be. Marco Learning’s Writing Benchmark Support empowers schools to implement writing benchmarks with fidelity. We take care of all of the operational challenges that come with large scale assessments, delivering fast, normed, complete, and reliable student performance data (plus feedback!) hassle-free. With grading support, writing benchmarks become a powerful teaching and learning tool for all stakeholders—students, teachers, and administrators.
- Objective data without the headache or cost of large-scale assessments like hiring subs, pulling teachers out of class, norming and calibrating, marathon grading days
- Student data (plus feedback!) is fast, normed, and complete
- Upshift teacher time from grading to collaborative data analysis, instructional planning and professional development
- Increase teacher buy-in and assessment fidelity
Need Help Planning?
Writing benchmarks are a powerful tool to help ALL stakeholders better understand, track, and boost student preparedness, performance, and growth. To be most effective, benchmarks should be designed in conjunction with thoughtful and complete feedback and data cycles. This is no small task — it requires upfront planning, coordination, key teacher and student supports, and of course, feedback.
One of our chief focuses at Marco Learning is to partner with districts and schools to think rigorously about what formative assessment of writing should look like to best prepare students for success.
Download our Free Writing Benchmarks: The Complete Guide
Writing Loss and Professional Development
These half-day professional development workshops are devoted to addressing learning loss and recovery for writing skills. Special emphasis will be placed on grading and feedback, rubrics, and alignment to learning objectives.
We offer flexible scheduling, and our sessions are open to groups of up to 30 teachers and administrators.
2021-22 Topics Include:
- Rubric Development, Norming, and Calibration
- Building an Aligned Writing Plan
- Priming Students to Receive Feedback, Including Strategies for Feedback Delivery and Student Engagement
- Helping Students Put Feedback into Action: Reflection, Conferencing, Revision, and Goal-setting
- Data Analysis and Data-Driven Decision Making in the Classroom, Plus How to Use Data in Grade-level, Department, and PLC Meetings
- Get Smart about Data: Designing PLCs Aligned with Your Writing Assessment Calendar
- Get Smart About Data: Implementing Writing Portfolios to Track YOY Student Growth
Why Choose Marco Learning?
“Marco Learning was an answer to a big challenge of ours. In addition to analyzing students’ daily classwork, we needed to start grading quarterly writing benchmarks with high reliability and validity. Now, Marco Learning helps us grade every single student written response, which frees up our teachers for in-depth analysis and PD.”
– Elissa Klein, Chief of Staff, ReGeneration Schools
“Marco Learning helps us continue our number one goal of increasing student achievement. Students and teachers love the timely and focused feedback. Not only does this give students more opportunities to practice and revise, but teachers are able to see where to focus instruction and student supports.”
– Ms. Kristie Health, Clayton County Public Schools
Download our recent case studies to read more about how we impact schools and communities.